- Monday - Existing Home Sales (10 AM) people used to care about this but now just chant and clap for QE2.
- Tuesday - Case Shiller (9 AM), Consumer Confidence (10 AM) doesn't matter what home prices are, or if confidence levels remain at levels seen in recession, we have QE2.
- Wednesday - Durable Goods (8:30 AM) New Home Sales (10 AM) if durable goods are strong, we cheer - if they come in light it doesn't matter, we have QE2.
- Thursday - Weekly Jobless Claims (8:30 AM) maybe last week's will be revised up again by 20,000 and then we can cheer when they drop 20,000 week over week, but it's all moot, because we have QE2.
- Friday - first pass of 3rd Q GDP (8:30 AM), Chicago PMI (9:45 AM), Consumer Sentiment (9:55 AM) traditionally GDP figures were always good for bulls, if they are bad you say "backwards looking", if they are good of course you buy in earnest. This time around it doesn't matter because we have QE2.
QE - because nothing else matters